The purpose of General Data Processing Regulation is to increase the companies' liabilities and to impose very high fines in case of disagreement. Its aim is to -
- 1. Strengthen the rights of individuals as well as freedoms to protect their personal data.
- 2. Unify the application of rules throughout the European Union that encloses protecting of personal data.
According to the GDPR:
- The key notion of both simple and sensitive personal data has been specified.
- GDPR also adds definitions such as "pseudonymization", "profile training", and "limitation of processing".
- The definition of "controller" is laid down and determines the purpose and means of the processing of personnel. He must be able to demonstrate at any time that he is applying the GDPR.
- The definition of "Data Protection Officer" is set up. He informs and advises the controller and processor as well as the staff that processes personal data, about their obligations derived from GDPR regarding data protection.
- Data breaches must be reported to the supervisory authority within 72 hours to take strict and swift action.
- Increased risk management requirements are created, including Data Privacy Impact Analysis (DPIA)
Which companies does the GDPR affect?
Any company that stores or processes personal information about the citizens belonging to the European Union within EU states ought to comply with the GDPR, even if they don't own a business within the EU.
Specific criteria for companies required to comply are:
- The company should belong to a country that is part of the European Union.
- There is no presence of the company in the European Union, but it processes personal information of European countries' citizens.
- There must be over 250 employees.
- If the number of employees is fewer than 250, but its data-processing includes certain types of sensitive personal data.
How can we help you become GDPR compliant?
Our team of data protection experts will guide your organisation with a wide range of best-practices, from evaluating your GDPR compliance position and developing a remediation roadmap, to implementing a best data compliance framework that fits. Whether you are a small/medium scale company or a multinational, you can seek benefits of our GDPR services to your specific needs.
GDPR compliance support:
- GDPR gap analysis
- GDPR data flow audit
- GDPR transition services
- GDPR training and awareness
- Data protection impact assessment (DPIA)
- Incident Response Management
Do you wonder who is a data scientist? Data scientists are a new class of analytical data specialist who has the technical skills to resolve complex problems moreover the interest to
How deep you know about Bitcoin? You know it is the world’s first decentralized digital individual-to-individual cryptocurrency and is recognised to be a reconstruction in present currency/financial
Web designers use various skills and practices in the creation and support of websites. The separate areas of web design include web graphic design, authoring, interface design, including
Mobile app development has turned as one of the main interests of modern marketing and sales experts. That is nothing much of a surprise when 77% of people prefer to use a smartphone