Cpanel doesnt allow usernames longer than 8 characters.
You may face issues when sites are migrated from Ensim with usernames longer than the 8 character limit that cPanel imposes. When changing any of the account properties (owner, parked domains, etc.) they won’t allow it or they force a username to be shortened. To get around this do the following via ssh:
- ssh to linux cpanel server as root
- Edit /var/cpanel/users/<username> where <username> is the long userrname of the account with nano or vim
- Change the value you want to modify. Most are self explanatory or documented in the file.
- Exit and save (nano is ctrl+x and then Y to save, vim is :wq)
- Run the script /scripts/updateuserdomains
There are no revisions for this post.