Mobile App Development in India is rapidly expanding at a breakneck pace. Competitive spirits have changed the way marketing functions. Ever growing technology and increased affordability of smartphone have changed the face of marketing. Many e-commerce sites have started launching their mobile applications as a way to bring in more customers. Few marketers include Amazon, eBay, etc. From building a professional network system such as LinkedIn to educational websites such as Lynda, everything is available with a single tap. Survey showed an enormous high – 54% in May 2015 as compared to 21% during May 2014. Here are few insights about Mobile App development in India and what we expect in the near future.
Statistics clearly show that mobile usage is here to stay and many development companies are strategically planning on how to accept the inundation of mobile app development projects. But the question we need to ask ourselves is how ready are we to handle these ever-growing craving for mobile applications?
Here are few interesting statistics that say a lot about what is trending in the mobile application development market. The Mobile Application Development Platform Market is expected to grow from $1,919.9m in 2014 to $7,151.2 million by the year 2019.
- The Mobile Game Industry might double by the end of 2016.
- The Startup Segment makes 50% of the demand for app development.
- Almost 43% of the Enterprise App developers get more than $10K a month vs. 19% of Consumer App Developers.
- Survey conducted for OutSystems show that 96% of app developers have to struggle a lot during the app building stage.
- 85% of development companies claim that they had a mobile backlog of 1-20 apps.
Co-Founder of Vserv, Ashay Padwal says:
“Current trend of Indian mobile apps is due to the increased use of smartphones that syncs with low mobile data tariffs. As a result, many users are having access to the internet via mobile devices. This has become a key driving force for the growth of mobile apps.”
Many customers are obsessed with shopping, news and other personalized apps. By 2017, India is expected to have the highest number of software developers.
A survey from ASSOCHAM claims that mobile development in India is focusing more on the social media and communication arena than others.
Two Big Rivals – iOS And Android – Whom Does India Love The Most?
As per a research, its Google Play Store based mobile apps that are clearly a winner. Google apps have an upper hand and own 5 out of 7 categories that include mail, GPS, search and other video websites such as YouTube.
Most Downloaded Apps by Indian Users
- Social Networking Apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, etc. – 51%
- Gaming Apps such as Candy Crush, Farmville – 31%
- Business Apps – 25%
- Music Apps – 35%
- Utilities Apps – 27%
While WhatsApp is the most prominent social networking apps, Clash of Clans, Angry birds and others are mostly preferred by people between ages of 18-24. Apart from that, 4.8 billion users worldwide use their cellphones in 2016. 75% of the internet users go online on their mobile phone than desktop computers. In fact, as per a research, smartphones are slowly taking over other default devices used to spend time online.
Top 12 Mobile App Development Trends To Arrive in 2016-2017
- By 2017, 50% of online transaction will be conducted via mobile application. So get yourself ready.
- Pew Research Centre survey says that 36% of smartphone users are obsessed with messaging applications that will set a record of 2.2125 billion active users worldwide.
- GPS (Global Positioning System) has become part of default command that gives rise to popular technologies such as iBeacon and many location based WiFi. Using iBeacon services can deliver Apple users about in-depth location services, offers, enhance payment technology and so on. It also enhances the marketers attempt to connect with their customers.
- As IoT (Internet of Things) will be the limelight by the end of 2016, it is predicted that IoT will be the biggest device market in the world. By 2019, IoT will expand humongous growth of smartphones, computers and wearables.
- By the end of 2017, 41% of big companies will be having their very own mobile app development platforms in India.
- Integrated in Xcode, Apple brings you Swift which is an efficient language that provides real time feedback that can be included in your existing Objective-C code. This helps the developers to save time and energy and enabling them to write much more safer and reliable codes.
- Mobile app developers will be focusing more on app security issues since many are going down due to bad security systems.
Target Time People Spend On Mobile Everyday
Here are few things people do every day (without them even knowing it).
- 73% of the users carry their mobile wherever they go (including their bedroom, washroom) as per Facebook research.
- People tend to pick their smartphones at least 150-200 times a day. This amounts to a whopping 30 billion US mobile moments a day.
- Interactive sessions account to minimum 1 minute 10 seconds to 177 minutes a day, as per Google data.
- Average mobile doubled to 3 hours a day in Q3 of 2015.
- Samsung dominates the Indian mobile market delivering holding 22.8% market share in Q2 of 2016.
Over the past couple of years, usage of Indian mobile app users have changed and increased as well.
- 81% of people in India have more than 30 apps on their phone. While men own 95%, women download 89%
- 51% of women are into social networking as compared to men 40%.
- 17% of Indians download only the free apps available.
- 48% of smartphone users rely inevitably on their smartphone to handle tasks and other daily activities throughout the day.
Who Are The Audience of Mobile Apps?
There are many variations when it comes to age groups that use mobile applications.
- People below the age of 18 – 15%
- Age between 18 and 24 – 55%
- Age between 25 and 27 – 32%
- Above the age of 35 – 9%
A research conducted by tecks.co.in claims that Android owns the major share of 90% while iPhone app developments in India run around 2%.
With the launch of 4G in India, the usage of smartphones is at its peak and the more is yet to come. As per Economic times, there will be 20 million Mobile app developers in India. Mobile App development is nowhere stopping in the near future and be prepared to expect more.
There are no revisions for this post.